There are over 6000 diets available, but the most significant challenge most people face is following a program they can maintain throughout their life. After being on a weight loss program, the majority of people re-gain the lost weight.
Therefore, our intention is not only to cause significant weight loss, but also to educate our patients about proper nutrition so that after they’ve lost the desired weight, they can maintain it without our help. Here are some of the goals of our weight loss program:
- To accomplish loss of abdominal fat
- To improve blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesteroli levels
- To reverse diabetesi and prevent pre-diabetesi
- To avoid long term dependence on dietary supplements and prescription medications
- To sustain weight loss and vitality
- To inspire individuals and spread health and vitality throughout families and communities.
Our nutrition consultation is usually a 1-hour long visit and consists of the following:
- Thorough 1 on 1 consultation with Dr. Shafipour and Physical examination
- Laboratory work-up (12 hour fasting required)
- Metabolic testing (4 hour fasting required)
- Body fat measurement
Based on the results, we will design a nutrition program that fits you best. Examples of these plans include:
- Weight and Fat loss programs
- Weight gain programs
- Diets designed for athletic training
We offer two general weight loss programs:
- Hypoglycemic Ketotic diet:
This program uses specific ratios of protein and carbohydrate intake, along with snack replacements to put the body into a state of fat burning.
Once this state has been reached, most patients report a higher level of energy, and the body starts burning its own fat for fuel. This diet results in the most dramatic and rapid weight loss and is the recommended diet for treatment of:
- High cholesteroli
- Sleep apnea
- Reducing the size of abdominal fat ("Beer Belly")
- The Zone Diet: This program offers a safe and sensible approach to assist you in a gradual loss of excess body fat, while preserving muscle (lean body mass). You’ll follow a moderately-reduced calorie plan with healthy, wholesome everyday foods from your grocery store, coupled with delicious, high-protein meal replacement shakes provided by us. The program also includes clinically proven nutraceutical supplements specifically formulated to stabilize blood sugar levels, reduce hunger cravings and stimulate fat loss.
Once optimal weight loss has been reached, the foods that were restricted are gradually introduced back into the daily diet over a 6-week period.
During this time, patients will monitor their reaction to various restricted foods and learn about food intolerances, as well as optimal portions to avoid weight gain.
Dr. Shafipour always says that weight loss is easy, but maintaining it is the real challenge! Maintenance is the most important aspect of any weight loss program. Usually after a dramatic weight loss (over 5% of body weight), it takes the brain at least 12-16 weeks of maintenance at a certain weight to avoid rapid weight gain.
After the transition program, patients will be scheduled to visit us on a monthly to bi-monthly basis to monitor their weight, metabolism and blood tests and help them avoid weight gain. They will also be provided with dietary tips, as well as tools to avoid weight gain and to keep their optimal level of vitality.
For a free body fat analysisi, and waist measurement please fill out an online request or call (310) 400-5565 to make an appointment today!